Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day---A Day I Will Surely Remember

Before the post really starts I wanted to say thanks to those who are helping me update my blog.  I was stuck in Easyville and now I finally "advancing." Today I am playing around with photos and locations of words, so please be patient with me as I work out the kinks-I was short on time tonight so there wasn't much time for real learning.  

I love blogging. Thank you for sharing this journey with me.  


TODAY WAS A WONDERFUL DAY!

This has been the most relaxing, laid back, stay home all day with the family, no plans, just play, play, play kind of day. If only every day could be like today.



Monday, May 31st, 2010---Memorial Day




Today was a special day.  Grandpa Statema came over.  This was the first time we have seen him-in the context of a get together- in about 2 years.  Grace was overjoyed and could not wait for them to get here for breakfast.  She waited outside.  She looked out all the windows. She hid in hopes that it would make them come quicker.  She pretty much couldn't contain herself.  It was a joy to see and an even bigger joy to see her with him and him with her.

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matt. 19-26

Today was also special because we had a day off together.  We decided that real plans would not exist and that we would stay home and play with our daughter.  We started out by having a Tea Party.

A little cow from her nativity scene made it's way to the party.

Grace loves to "clank" our glasses together or really anything for that matter.  And, we have to say "clank" when we do it.




This kitchen is one my all time favorite purchases.  It is so fitting for my little Pink Lady.

   

What a little hostess with the mostest.  Thank you Grace for all the yummy food and beverages.


Next daddy and Grace built a fort.
Materials to build the perfect fort:  Clips, clothes pins, lots of sheets, chairs, a bench, stools and a cute 4 year old.



Oh yes, and a lazy cat with a baby on top.  



After the fort was built it was lunch time which brought about lots of secrets and giggles shared between a girl and her dad.

Can you see why I love them both so much.
They make my heart melt and my favorite thing to do is watch them together.

God, thank you for filling my life with so much laughter.







Yep, I caved.  
I let her pick out Cheetos-but they are Baked....so that makes the fake cheese better, right? 


Following lunch we napped.  All 3 of us.  It was glorious.  When we woke up the skies were clear so we ate our snack: Mud Pie (again, yep-there were left overs), threw our shoes on and ran out the door-literally.  I forgot my camera on our walk-bummer-but it was lovely.  I had forgotten what fresh air was & what it was like to be outside.  Grace stomped in puddles, kicked water at daddy, we swung on the swing, Bailey ran through a field, we found fallen leaves and petals and soaked in the sun.  It's amazing what a little fresh air can do to our moods.


When we got back we picked out a movie from Red Box.  $1 movies rock!  We settled on Monsters Vs. Aliens.  I put a fake lasagna in the oven (def. not as good as homemade).  While the food cooked and we waited for Loren to get back with the movie we played Hungy, Hungry Hippo and snacked on salad.

 And, cheese....

Grace loved the movie.  During the credits we danced.  Then she wanted to marry Loren.  When it was time for bed, the girl who usually only wants mommy to get her ready, pushed Mommy aside and only wanted her husband to help her brush her teeth and hair.  He even got to read to her tonight. A girl in love with her daddy.  That's how it's suppose to be at this age. My heart is happy.

Bedtime for the girly girl and now for grown up movie time.  We are watching The Informer and then going to bed.  We have a big day tomorrow.  A field trip!  Happy Monday.


TODAY WAS A WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY.

1 comment:

Peek Thru Our Window said...

I absolutely adore the photo of Loren and Grace smiling (2nd one in series).

Great job Mel-blog looks fab!