Today had the potential to be a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day". It rained all day. I woke up agitated. I started to get a headache. Monkey was overtired......etc. etc. But, "with Christ all things are possible," and we had a grand day.
Loren and Grace played all morning at home. Four solid hours of glorious at home playtime. Gracie's favorite thing to do. My little homebody.
Loren got her nice and tired and she napped!!!! I even had to wake her so we could make it to a play date in time. We spent from 3pm-5pm at Shannon and Kai's. We have been friends for two years and this was our first trip over to their house. Our buds Jennifer, Grace and Simon came as well. I was a little worried with it being the "witching hour" time of day but the kids shocked the socks off of me and played splendidly together. There was only one snag at the very end (it was passed dinner time) and my Grace pulled the other Gracie's hair in anger. Monkey got a time out, they made up and when we got home Grace wrote her first apology letter. I will have her mail it tomorrow. She also wrote her first Thank You card that she will send to Kai tomorrow as well.
When we got home I cooked up a mean Mac-N-Cheese, peas and hot dogs dinner. Classic toddler food and well, I'm child like, so it worked.
Bath time and bedtime went quite smoothly.
And, now for some me time after I tidy up the joint.
And, the best part about today is......IT'S FRIDAY!!! And, I have a four day weekend. Wowzers. If only it weren't suppose to rain all weekend.
Favorite Moment: Friday, May 28th 2010
After I put Grace to bed we decided to "camp out" by her Cinderella night light that her Aunt Arlene gave her two Christmas ago. We laid out a blanket, in the dark, and nestled together taking turns whispering silly and sweet comments in each others ears. We waited and waited for the glitter to start dancing about. Who knew it would take 30 minutes but we had such fun. Getting her back into bed was another story but boy was that moment fun. I wanted to say no as I was tired but my heart told me to say yes and I'm glad I did.
Things I Love....
The quiet in the evening when Grace is in bed and Loren's at work and it's just me and my thoughts. No tv, no music, just the computer and my mind racing to remember what happened through out the day. I don't get to hear silence very often so it's a welcomed luxury.
My husband, for playing so beautiful with my girl while I am at work.
Shannon and Jennifer for being great friends in my life. Teaching me new things about mommy hood and supporting me since moving here from Florida. So, thankful I met them both.
My mom, dad and brother. For being there on the other line willing to catch up on the phone at random times of the day while I am race to or from work and for loving me so deeply from afar.
No comments:
Post a Comment