I love how a simple walk can turn into the most amazing hour of the last week.
It has rained nearly every moment of the last 7 days. Today is one of the only days Loren has off with Grace and I so we decided to take it easy and have a lovely family day. In the morning we went to church and Married Life class. Napped. Made pudding and ate the pudding. Had family game time. Then dinner and family clean up time. At this time, the clouds cleared and the sun came out. Glorious sun. Yes, it's still in the 50's but the sun! Oh the sun! We decided to end our day with a simple walk. Grace brought her stroller along with her Little Baby Flower Pants and her baby bear. It started off as a normal Statema walk. Then flying through the air-cotton wood graced our presence. Grace was in toddler heaven. I love how she gets so excited over the little things that 99% of grown ups could care less about. She makes us remember to enjoy the teeniest things in life. Then we found a wide open soccer field. No one else was there so we let the dog loose. Grace and Bailey ran free and fast. Upon crossing the entire field, Grace found a huge kite that someone had left behind. It was staked to the ground so all Loren and Grace had to do was wait for wind and release the kite in to the air. What a pleasant surprise and a wonderful treasure to have found on our walk. Grace thought she was flying the kite and we didn't let her believe otherwise. I sat in the green luscious grass and watched as my two favorite people enjoyed a new experience together.
This, was a good moment in my life!
So, today, Sunday May 23rd I love my life. I love that we have places to walk and explore right next to our house. I love that we don't need "things" to enjoy our time together. A little fresh air, a little sun, a big open field and we are set.
No comments:
Post a Comment