Thursday, June 10, 2010


A few of my favorite things.....

Watching Grace open birthday presents 2 months past her birthday.  The girl was in heaven.  Thank you Aunt Ericka, Uncle Mark, Katie and Tyler for sending her a dress up princess, turkey beanie baby and super cool sunglasses with a visor.




Watching Grace roll around in fun paper Grandma Armstrong sent her-just because.  Thank you Mom for sending her fun surprises through out the year.  It's like Christmas for her everytime.

This time I didn't tell her that anything was sent.  I just hide it in her craft center and waited for her to find it.  Today was the day and she was very giddy.  

Watching and listening to Grace sing to and rock her babies to sleep. 
She is going to be the best mommy.
I love how sincere she is to them. She loves her babies, ever last one of them.

Playing tea party and using her super cute Fancy Nancy phone to place food orders made by all her babies.
Big mess. Easy clean up.


Feeding "Boa" her meal before bedtime.

Knowing that bedtime is just around the corner and that we are playing, playing, playing up until the very last minute.

My all time favorite moment from today, Thursday June 10th 2010 is taking Grace swimming at the YMCA for the first time in almost 1.5 years.  I was so worried she would be afraid, but God took care of the situation and created a memorable moment for both of us.

We were the only ones in the kiddy pool...Perfect!  Just what Grace needed.
She walked right in and started flitting about.  She jumped in over and over again while I held her hands, splashed about, squealed a whole lot, had me twirl her around, swim with her, etc.  She kicked her feet, climbed on my back while I swam, played with a ball, flirted with the lifeguards , jumped and bounced about and really just loved the water.  We were both so tired when we were done, one hour later. Our hands were very pruney.  Looking at her pruney fingers reminded me of my mommy telling me that it means it's time to get out of the water.  

I loved swimming as a kid and was blessed to have a pool in my neighborhood. I was pretty much a little fish. I always dreamed that Grace would feel the same way as I did and today gave me hope that some day soon (years down the road) we'll be swimming together, diving for rings and having a blast.  

Today was a great day.  Bring on Friday and the weekend!!!  This weekend is suppose to be sunny and boy could we use it.  Happy Weekend!!!

1 comment:

Peek Thru Our Window said...

Love the Fancy Nancy phone....did you guys dress it up??
Gifts that happen NOT on your birthday are always the best ones!

Xman is the little Mommy in this house. He takes care of his giraffe Gigi soooo well! He always tells me she is in his room 'seeping'... come to think of it, he's always putting his babies to bed. Hmmm...LOL

Glad the pool went well! That's a big step for Grace!