Saturday-June 12th
AMAZING!
We started the day out playing and building.
Grace insists on bringing a slew of babies in to the car with her.
She is so proud.
We headed to Old Navy at 9am for $2 tank tops.
I got 5, Grace got 5, I got 2 pairs of flip flops and Grace got 1 pair.
Total, we spent $22 and saved $64.
Summer is now welcome to bring on the sunshine.
I love a good sale. Clearance at Old Navy is my favorite.
One of the only stores I shop at.
A sticker a lady at Old Navy gave Grace. I quite like it ;)
Then we went to Lowe's Build and Grow work shop with our friends, where Grace made a special something for a special someone.
From here we went with our friends to the Farmers Market.
1st up, the pink playground,
then for some mini doughnuts in which Grace and I consumed 12 in about 2 minutes.
They just melted in our mouths.
Then we shopped for some fresh, local produce and came away with some carrots, lettuce and 2 apples.
I love having produce that has dirt all over it.
I love support local farmers.
I love how my daughter will eat 2 whole carrots and begs for more.
We ended with a German pretzel, dancing to a rock band and final play time with our friends.
After all the sunshine and girl outings we were zonked.
We came home and napped and waited for Daddy to come home.
We ate dinner together and then went for a walk around the neighborhood and some tire swing time.
Saturday was a great day....if only my camera battery hadn't died 1/2 way through. But taking pictures over the next two days greatly made up for it.
Sunday-June 13th
-TOUCHING-
We picked up Charlene and went down town....back to the pink playground.
We swung and enjoyed the very early morning.
After we swung, we went around the Farmers Market, which was about 1/10 the normal size, but that's because it was Sunday.
Still lovely though.
Church followed. I Love Church!
Well, I love our church.
Loren's Choir Concert!
3pm
The most touching moment:
Having Loren's mom and dad come to support him.
And, Grace snuggling up on her Grandpa the entire time.
Grace was a gem. She was silent the entire performance.
I was blown away.
Loren and the Evergreen Choir sang beautifully.
It was touching to see Loren in his element and doing something that brings him so much joy.
We are very grateful for this adult choir.
Monday, is not technically a weekend, but Loren had off so, it counts.
REFRESHING
We made light and fruity pie with Grace for the first time
Mixing away....totally made it wrong but Loren saved the day and had a genius idea.
I added toO much water so we added pudding mix to thicken it up.
And for some outdoor fun pictures.
WARNING: there are a lot and there is a really cute girl in the photos that follow.
This is my favorite kind of day....outside, running around, vit. d soaking into our skin, laughing, learning, accomplishing stuff together as a family. Ahhhh, so refreshing.
I may not have a lot of "things" or a lot of money but I have something way more important...
I have my family and therefore I am blessed! I am loved. I lack not.
No comments:
Post a Comment