1. Eating Popsicles outside with Grace. And, I'm "proud" of myself. I let her have 2. Of course she asked for a 3rd but I was not giving in to that. So, not that crazy. The sugar high would have killed us both.
2. Puzzle time outside on the hot steps, baking in the sun. Don't worry. I made her come in after 20 minutes. Didn't feel like putting on sunscreen and 20 min. is that max one should be out with out protection. No burns or skin cancer here.
3. Picking up Bailey at the groomers and seeing how pretty she looked and how good she smelt. I think they brushed about 10 lbs of fur off of her.
4. Going to the library w/ Grace and picking out 20+ books that I could barely carry in the bag I brought. Having to limit her to 6 videos because there is no way we are going to be able to watch more than 6 in 7 days, especially in the summer time when TV should be obsolete.
5. Checking a wicked cool, free car show (old fashion cars). Grace pointed out ever engine and car. Oooed and Awwwed. Loved the flames on some of them. This girl loves her cars more than Loren & I combined. Girls going to end up with either a Jeep, Honda, PT Cruiser, Mini Cooper or muscle car.
6. Having the smoothest, most stress free breakfast (meal) in months. We are trying something new. Instead of having all these rules and having to remind her over and over again and threaten this and that, we are just going to set a timer for 15 minutes. When the buzzer goes off, all food on the table goes away. She can do what she wants, with in reason of course, and if she chooses to eat-great. If not, whelp, then she doesn't get food until the next meal. We'll see how this goes. It was nice to have a lovely conversation with Loren this morning and not get frustrated every time she got off her chair or goofed around. Thank you God for wisdom and new ideas. Still working on being calm (at all times) and remembering that she's only 4.
I am realizing that I can't expect my child's behavior to change until I change my own first....and, at that point I won't need to change hers she will do it all on her own.
7. Watching Grace take her first gymnastics class, ever. Sure, she was kind of the class clown, kept getting distracted and was super fidgety and got "in trouble" at the end for throwing a star mat and running after it, but for being 4 and it being her 1st class she did great. I was amazing at how much they had them do on the first day. And, she wasn't half bad. I was very impressed. I can't wait to see how she progresses over the next few weeks. And, she was super cute in her black leotard with Fancy Nancy panties hanging out the bottom.
8. Watching her try on women's hats at Target, calling herself a cow girl and using a doggy rope chew toy as her lasso. She was "Yeehawing" all over Target. If only the stalling, not listening and screaming at the top of her lungs towards the end so the entire store could here her was as cute.
Baby girl. Sorry for being too hard on you at Target and during bedtime potty time tonight. I need to "Stay Calm and Carry On".....at all times. Not, just when I'm in a super good mood. Thank you for loving on me and forgiving me tonight. I promise to always apologize when I've done wrong. I love you.
2 comments:
LOVE this list!!
Good luck , I hope it all continues to improve for you. I like the stay calm and carry on philosophy. And I wholeheartedly agree with you on the apologising thing. We all make mistakes, it is good for children to learn this. But we can always genuinely apologise and forgive each other which allows us to move on.
I am looking forward to seeing how this alll goes, xxx
Post a Comment